Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mage Draft 1


I have started doing a lot more arena in the Hearthstone Beta lately. It seems to me that it's better to the arena than to just buy a pack of cards for 100 gold. It costs 150 gold to enter the arena so all you have to get back is 50 gold because even a 0-3 run still gets you a pack of cards. After a little help from Cold and some fine tuning on a spreadsheet I downloaded from Team Liquid, I thought a good grasp on card drafting. What I quickly learned was that there is still a good bit left up to the RNG.

My first match I had a choice between a Mage, Druid and Warrior. This was an easy pick for me since the Druid and the Warrior are the two heroes I hate the most so I went with the Mage. As I worked through the draft I saw that I wasn't getting the cards that I see most of the Mages using in the arena streams I have been watching like Fireball or some of the other heavy hitters for this class. I also didn't get a single legendary or very many rares for that matter. I ended up will a single Fireball card but I never saw it in any of the 3 matches I did.

My first two matches were against Priests and the last lose was against another Mage. The Priest is the class that all of you new players will quickly grow to hate and if you have been playing since the Hearthstone Beta first dropped then this is you favorite class and you probably farm dailies or when you get them in an arena draw you go 9-2 with them...

The two Priests rolled over me in no time, using card steals and Faceless Manipulators and healing up with ease.

The Mage clearly had a better draft than I did so he killed me in under 7 rounds.

Here is my draft, what I picked is highlighted in Blue and Bold, the Rewards and the Overall Score. Not very impressive but it is what it is. I will be doing at least one arena a day when I have time and will most likely just post what I data I think is pertinent.

Overall Score:   0-3

Rewards:           25 gold and 1 Pack of Cards

Mage Draft
  • Murloc Tidecaller - Angry Chicken - Coldlight Oracle
  • Shieldbearer - Goldshire Footman - Mad Bomber
  • Ice Barrier – Tauran Warrior – Frost Nova
  • Scarlet Crusader -  Flamestrike – Arcane Missiles
  • Nightblade – River Crocolisk – Arcane Missiles
  • Reckless Rocketeer – Bloodsail Raider – Ice Barrier
  • Drangonling Mechanic – Ironfur Grizzly – Amani Berserker
  • Faerie Dragon – Arcane Explosion – Cult Master
  • Darkscale Healer – Leper Gnome - Voodoo Doctor
  • Doomsayer – Sea Giant – Southsea Captain
  • Ice Lance – Dragonling Mechanic – Frostwolf Warlord
  • Frost Nova – Stanglethorn Tiger – Polymorph
  • Magma Rager – Frostwolf Grunt – Raidleader
  • Magma Rager – Dire Wolf Alpha – Kobold Geomancer
  • Frost Elemental – Dire Wolf Alpha – Arcane Intellect
  • Dead Corsair – Novice Engineer – Venture co. Mercenary
  • Ancient Brewmaster – Fireball – Stonetusk Boar
  • Sorcerer’s Apprentice – Arcane Missiles – Harvest Golem
  • Bloodfen Raptor – Mirror Image – Wolfrider
  • Angry Chicken – Coldlight Seer – Defender of Argus
  • Arcane Intellect – Raidleader – Mirror Entity
  • Frostwolf Warlord – Tauren Warrior – Dread Corsair
  • Mind Control Tech – Ethereal Arcanist – Kirin Tor Mage
  • Harvest Golem – Kobold Geomancer – Core Hound
  • Faerie Dragon – Mirror Entity – Frostwolf Grunt
  • Blizzard – Vaporize – Kirin Tor Mage
  • Argent Squire – Earthen Ring Farseer – Silvermoon Guardian
  • Ancient Brewmaster – Mirror Image – Water Elemental
  • Shieldbearer – Flesheating Ghoul – Silvermoon Guardian
  • Ancient Watcher – Wild Pyromancer – Coldlight Oracle

No comments:

Post a Comment