Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mage Draft 2


This Mage draft went a little better than my last one did. This is only my second attempt in the arena since I have been in the Hearthstone Closed Beta. I got some better picks in the draft which helped a lot and I was able to duel some other heroes besides a Priest.

This time around I went back and forth on the wins. First match was against a Warrior, I beat him by over half my health pool and got some good control of the board early. Keep him from getting any combos built on his side and slowly built up my front line so when I was able to link stuff together it was worth the wait.

The second was a loss to a Shaman who got enough totems and minions out to drop Bloodlust and take me over quickly. I was screaming for my Blizzard Card to draw but had no such luck. I saw this coming and without the right cards there was nothing I could do to stop it.

The Third match was another loss to a Paladin that used a lot of control and held back his cards to counter whatever I put out.

My forth match was my final win in this arena run, it was against another Mage who clearly wasn't as familiar with the game. he conceded. It was a bit premature in my opinion but with the last run I had in the arena, a win is a win.

The last match was a slow painful death at the hand of a skilled rogue who played an extremely calculated game, he didn't go on the offense unless it benefited him and most of the time he was reactive to my card play. I would have loved to have an Ooze in my hand to deal with his daggers but no such luck this time around.

Overall I ended up 2-3, the rewards were a little better and the draft was definitely better, no legendary but a lot better choices of cards this time around.

Here is my draft, what I picked is highlighted in Blue and Bold, the Rewards and the Overall Score. Not very impressive but it is what it is. I will be doing at least one arena a day when I have time and will most likely just post what I data I think is pertinent.

Overall Score:   2-3

Rewards:           20 dust, Rare Card (Priest), and 1 Pack of Cards

Mage Draft

  • Ravenholdt Assassin – Argent Commander – Mana Addict
  • Ice Lance – Arcane Intellect – Shattered Sun Cleric 
  • Earthen Ring Farseer – Frost Bolt – Silvermoon Guardian
  • Bloodsail Raider – Core Hound – Mad Bomber
  • Ogre Magi – Earthen Ring Farseer – Mirror Image
  • Fen Creeper  - River Crocolisk – Scarlet Crusader 
  • Youthful Brewmaster – Ventrue Co. Mercenary – Dark Iron Dwarf 
  • Thrallmar Farseer – Abusive Sergeant – Silvermoon Guardian
  • Stonetusk Boar – Ice Lance – Frostwolf Warlord 
  • Twilight Drake – Abomination – Demolisher
  • Dread Corsair – Mirror Image – Polymorph 
  • Stormwind Champion – Arcane Intellect – Core Hound
  • Shattered Sun Cleric – Spiteful Smith – Sen’jin Shield Masta 
  • Secretkeeper – Mana Wraith – Sunfury Protector 
  • Windfury Harpy – Loot Hoarder – Abusive Sergeant
  • Southsea Deckhand – Tauren Warrior – Mirror Image 
  • Ice Lance – Ironforge Rifleman – Scarlet Crusader 
  • Silverback Patriarch – Stonetusk Boar – Ironbeak Owl 
  • Elven Archer – Polymorph – Stonetusk Boar
  • Molten Giant – Ice Block – Doomsayer
  • Amani Berserker – Bluegill Warrior – Dragonling Mechanic
  • Mirror Image – Flesheating Ghoul – Flamestrike 
  • Razorfen Hunter – Gnomish Inventor – Dire Wolf Alpha
  • Ironforge Rifleman – Abusive Sergeant – Scarlet Crusader 
  • Bluegill Warrior – Oasis Snapjaw – Mana Wyrm 
  • Dread Corsair – River Crocolisk – Mana Wyrm 
  • Ice Barrier – Spiteful Smith – Silvermoon Guardian 
  • Young Priestess – Violet Teacher – Murloc Tidecaller
  • Stormwind Knight – Dalaran Mage – Water Elemental 
  • Mana Addict – Ethereal Arcanist – Argent Commander

3 comments:

  1. Right now the content on site is simply to test the layout but I will soon be adding quality content that I think may interest a lot of hearthstone players.
    I will add youtube videos, deck tips and tricks, bursts that works and much much more!
    I hope you enjoy the site in the future, for now you can get a preview.

    http://heartstonee.com

    Would you like to take a look, maybe in the future we could exchange backlinks, I really like you're blog and it would be great to share some traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now the content on site is simply to test the layout but I will soon be adding quality content that I think may interest a lot of hearthstone players.
    I will add youtube videos, deck tips and tricks, bursts that works and much much more!
    I hope you enjoy the site in the future, for now you can get a preview.

    http://heartstonee.com

    Would you like to take a look, maybe in the future we could exchange backlinks, I really like you're blog and it would be great to share some traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arena or even strategic battling it out with expansions bosses. We have every service to give you an extra boost in hearthstone. Here are options for the Hearthstone Boost, Hearthstone Boosting, HS Boost, Warrior Deck, Boost Hearthstone, Hearthstone Arena Rewards, Arena Class Tier List, Arena Tier List and Tier List.

    ReplyDelete